We promote public health policies from a human rights perspective. From pre-existing bases, we work to improve the protection of health and proper nutrition rights from a comprehensive approach.
We focus on vulnerable groups, like children, teenagers, elderly people and whoever find themselves in an unfavorable socio-economic situation.
- Tobacco control
- Healthy food promotion
- Elderly rights
- Advocacy for the Law of Healthy Food Promotion (Front Labeling Law) and its effective implementation at a national and subnational level.
- Advocacy for updating the regulation of trans fats in the Argentine Food Code.
- Monitoring marketing strategies and the tobacco industry interference, focused on achieving regulations with better tobacco control standards.
- Report and comment presentation to human rights organizations, with special focus in chronic non-communicable diseases prevention.
- Awareness and information actions promoting the understanding of health as a fundamental human right and the need for a comprehensive approach.
- Analysis of national public policies and care systems for the elderly, from a gender perspective rights approach.
Area Coordinator › Maga Ailén Merlo Vijarra
Maga is a lawyer from the Faculty of Law of the National University of Córdoba (UNC). She has a master’s degree in Procedural Law from the Universidad Empresarial Siglo 21. She has participated in numerous courses, seminars and congresses related to the area of public policies, human rights and management of social projects. She has been part of various organizations aimed at meeting the demands of groups in vulnerable situations.