On August 9 and 10 we will hold the 1st Congress of Food Policies in Argentina in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires. It is organized by Fundeps and Fundación Sanar.
“Below, we offer a google translate version of the original article in Spanish. This translation may not be accurate but serves as a general presentation of the article. For more accurate information, please switch to the Spanish version of the website. In addition, feel free to directly contact in English the person mentioned at the bottom of this article with regards to this topic”.
With the participation of national and international speakers, for 2 days we will talk about the progress and challenges of the 1 year anniversary of the implementation of the Law for the Promotion of Healthy Eating, known as the labeling law.
We will share views and opportunities for joint work between students and health professionals, the educational community, state authorities, organizations that work for the right to health, the environment, among other actors.
The main topics of the congress include:
- Challenges for the implementation of the law in the provinces.
- Healthy school environments: recommendations and tools.
- Transformation of food programs.
- Food Industry Marketing Strategies.
- First day (August 9): begins at 8:30 a.m. with the accreditations. There will be 3 discussion tables and speakers ending the day at 5:15 p.m.
- Second day (August 10): starts at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 12:40 p.m. There will be 2 dialogue tables.
The congress will take place at SCALA HOTEL (BERNARDO DE IRIGOYEN 740, CABA).
It is free and with limited seats. Requires prior registration.
See the full program and speakers here.