Call for nominations to form the ICIM External Consultative Group
On November 3, and after a period of consultations that extended over the last months, the Independent Consultation and Investigation Mechanism (MICI) of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB Group) opened the call for nominations to form the External Advisory Group (GCE) of the Mechanism. The purpose of the CGE is to support the ICIM’s commitment to fulfilling its accountability mandate in a credible, effective and transparent manner.
The MICI distributed the GCE Conceptual Note in early June 2016 to a wide range of stakeholder groups, including representatives of civil society, government officials and civil society experts. From Fundeps we contributed in this process sending comments and participating in a series of consultations regarding the Concept Note. While we recognized and welcomed this initiative, in part, in response to the suggestions provided in the publication “Glass Half Full: The state of accountability in development finance“; We also make a number of recommendations and suggestions regarding the membership, composition and objectives and functions of the CGE (for full comments on the CCE Concept Note sent to the ICIM, access here)
The MICI recently released the Report on the Consultation Process for the CGE, which contains all the feedback received and the ICIM’s replies. In turn, this feedback was incorporated into the CGE’s Operating Procedures, which contain information about membership composition, member responsibility, and the process for selecting members, including selection criteria.
Candidates interested in applying for the CGE must submit the following information:
– Curriculum vitae.
– An Interest expression of a page expressing the reason why they wish to serve in the CGE and how their experience will add value to the group.
The application must be sent no later than November 30 to John Garrison of MICI at firstname.lastname@example.org. The names and profiles of those selected as members of the CGE will be published in mid-December.
– Operational Procedures – MICI External Advisory Group (GCE) – October 3, 2016
– Conceptual Note for External Consultative Group. Draft Proposal for Consultation – June 6, 2016
– Comments on the Draft Conceptual Note for the formation of an ICIM External Advisory Group – July 29, 2016
– Report of the Consultation Process on the ICIM External Consultative Group – September 30, 2016
– Glass Half Full. The state of accountability in development finance – January 2016
Gonzalo Roza / Coordinator of the Global Governance Area